- Get prequalified
- Check your credit report
- Continue paying your current monthly bills, including rent and utilities
- Pay all your bills on time: Important to be current
- Continue making purchases as usual: Banks love consistency, and continuing normal patterns of credit use gives banks a good idea of your spending routines
- Ask your lender questions: You should be as informed as you possibly can be before your big purchase
- GET EXCITED ABOUT YOUR NEW HOME!
- Change jobs or become self-employed: Banks love to see income stability
- Make large purchases such as a car, furniture or jewelry: It may alter your debt-to-income ratio
- Change bank accounts: It may slow down the mortgage process
- Move money from one account to another
- Apply for new credit cards or inquire about limit increases: This may change your credit
- Deposit cash: deposits need to be explained during underwriting process
- Withdraw money from your 401K, trust, or gift as funds to close: Confirm first with your loan officer.
Ready to get started? Call or email us today!