Mobile and Manufactured Property Financing
If you are searching for a Mobile Home Mortgage in Connecticut you have already realized that not many Mortgage Companies provide loans for this property type. We are one of the companies that do offer a solution. But our solution has some limitations. For us to provide financing for a Mobile or Manufactured Home there must be land attached to it (so no Mobile Home Parks or any structure on leased land). Mobile home loans can be financed using FHA, USDA, VA, and FNMA programs.
Furthermore, there are even options for a person to buy the raw land and then put a mobile or manufactured home on top of it. This is done with the FHA 203K One Time Close Loan. This is the ideal mobile home mortgage program for borrowers looking to do a “ground up” loan! In addition, you will need to hire a general contractor and be certain the land is approved for this type of property.
Guidelines for Mobile Home Mortgage Approval:
- Minimum of 400 sq. feet for Government and 600 sq. feet for Fannie/Freddie loans.
- Additionally, the property must be constructed after June 13, 1976
- Must be classified as real estate (but not treated as real estate for purposes of state taxation)
- Mortgage must cover both the manufactured home and the site.
- Home must be built and remain on a permanent chassis (cannot have been moved from it’s original foundation).
- Must be designed to be used as a permanent dwelling, with a permanent foundation, and built to FHA criteria.
- Term of no more than 30 years. Finally, there are loan size limitations based on county.
Please call me today so we can give you a free consultation on your upcoming Mobile Home Mortgage in Connecticut (Refinance or Purchase). We look forward to hearing from you.
Senior Vice President of Northeast Financial
210 S. Main St Middletown, CT 06457
Residential Clients: Click Here For Application