Connecticut USDA Loan Program
A Connecticut USDA loan is a great mortgage option in our state. Most noteworthy about the USDA Loan is that it allows for up to 100% financing for those that qualify. Borrowers should also be aware that this type of mortgage loan does not allow for working farms, multi-family properties, or for the home to be income producing.
USDA loans have very attractive features for homebuyers:
- $0 down payment. 100% purchase program for those that qualify.
- Low monthly mortgage insurance compared to other mortgage programs such as FHA
- This program also has limited reserve requirements
- Finally, interest rates are comparable to FHA and VA loans.
You do have to meet a few qualifications in order to get a USDA loan:
- The property has to be in an eligible area.
- The program has income limits.
Connecticut USDA loans are sometimes overlooked because they are believed to be just for rural properties. Much of Connecticut is eligible for USDA loans.
If you have any questions or to see if you qualify please contact me today.
Mortgage Loan Originator/NMLS 99004
48 Meriden Rd Middlefield, CT 06455