- August 12, 2019
- Posted by: Patrick Walsh
- Category: Connecticut
USDA Loan Program
A USDA loan is a great option for many Connecticut Residents. The “Rural Housing” USDA Loan is a true 100% financing program federally insured by the US Department of Agriculture. It is called a Rural Loan by the USDA because it is handled by the Rural Development Department.
USDA loans are for home purchases. Furthermore, the property can not be income producing. As a result, this program does not allow for multi-family properties or properties with commercial farming capabilities.
USDA loans have very attractive features for homebuyers:
- $0 down payment. 100% purchase program.
- Low monthly mortgage insurance compared to other mortgage programs such as FHA.
- There are limited asset requirements/ reserve requirements.
- Finally, this program has competitive interest rates.
You do have to meet a few qualifications in order to get a USDA loan:
- The property has to be in an eligible area.
- The program has income limits.
USDA loans are sometimes overlooked because they are believed to be just for rural properties. As a result, much of Connecticut is eligible for USDA loans.
If you have any questions or to see if you qualify please contact me today. We will work with you every step of the way. We are more than happy to come our in person and meet with you.
Mortgage Loan Originator/NMLS 99004